10 Nov 2021
Author Buddy Levy, Guest Lecturer for Wrangel Island Expedition
Joining our 21 Aug 2022 expedition cruise to Wrangel Island will be the highly esteemed American author and journalist, Buddy Levy.
BUDDY LEVY is the author of eight books including the forthcoming Empire of Ice and Stone: The Disastrous and Heroic Voyage of the Karluk (St. Martin’s, Fall 2022). His 2019 book Labyrinth of Ice: The Triumphant and Tragic Greely Polar Expedition won the Banff Adventure Travel Award and the National Outdoor Book Award for History this year. He was the co-star on HISTORY Channel’s hit docuseries Brad Meltzer’s Decoded and he was an on-camera expert on HISTORY’s The Frontiersmen with Executive Producer Leonardo DiCaprio. Levy's interests are wide-ranging, from Arctic exploration travel to riveting human stories of survival. He also serves as Professor of English at Washington State University.
TRAVEL WITH BUDDY LEVY • WRANGEL ISLAND • 21 AUG 2022
Join Buddy Levy, departing from Nome, Alaska on 21 August, for an unforgettable Polar Bear expedition to Russia's Wrangel Island as Levy share insights from his books and presents several on board lectures.
Across the Top of the World: Wrangel Island
21–4 Aug 2022 (w/ Buddy Levy)
24 Jul – 7 Aug 2022 • 7–21 Aug 2022
Nome, Alaska and Return
Aboard Heritage Adventurer
- 5 days exploring Wrangel Island & Herald Island
- Learn from local Wildlife Researchers
- Polar bear viewing (highest density dens in world)
- Superb birding - Emperor Geese, Snowy Owls...
- Whalebone Alley and Cape Dezhnev
- World's largest population of Pacific Walrus
- Gray Whales, Muskoxen, Arctic Foxes, reindeer
- Mammoth tusks and skulls from Pleistocene epoch
- Delve into the history – 3,400 year old Paleo Eskimo Camp and incredible story of Ada Blackjack and Karluk wreck
- Hospitality of Uelen village – one of the largest centres of Inuit and Chukchi Art in the world
See Wrangel Island trip page for full details.